06D - 05N
Cusco - Wayllabamba - Pacaymayo - Wiñaywayna - Machu Picchu - Cusco
Day 1 .../ Cusco
Welcome to Peru!
Arrival to Cusco´s airport, reception and transfer to selected hotel. Check in (15:00hrs) and overnight. ( - )
Day 02 Cusco - Wallaybamba
You will be picked up from your hotel at scheduled time, and transferred in our private car to KM 82. The route will go through the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. After approximately one hour and a half, we will cross the little town of Ollantaytambo, where we will make a little stop to take some pictures of this fortress and have a little rest. We will continue our trip following a rural road that goes parallel to the railroad, which will lead us to the KM 82, where we will unpack and get prepared to the walking with our excursion team (cookers, assistants and porters). At this point, the passengers will have to show their passports to the security personnel of the Sanctuary and once these has been reviewed they will be able to cross a bridge that will take you to the other side of the river where they will start climbing in a parallel line to the Urubamba River, which goes from north to west across the Sacred Valley. In this first section of the Inca Trail, we will visit the Community of Miskay (2800 meters), where we will stop for meeting the natives and try the popular drink known as “chicha”, which is offered by the ladies of this place. Later we will start climbing through a little tableland where we will experience an amazing Andean landscape, and see in the base of the mountains a beautiful Inca building known as “Patallacta”, located at 2750 meters over sea level. At this point we will stop and our local guide will provide us information regarding this interesting Inca legacy. After that, we will continue walking for two hours along the Cusichaca River, going upwards until reaching a beautiful spot where we will stop for lunch and take a little break.
Shortly after that, we will continue walking through a zone full of vegetation, where is highly probable seeing the beautiful giant hummingbird native from this region. After a two hours walk we will arrive to our first camping, located in the zone of Wayllabamba at 3000 meters height. ( B,L,D )
It is normal if the first day feels hot during the dry season (May to September). We strongly recommend bringing light and fresh clothing, as well as a good sunscreen and a hat to protect your face. Passengers will be able to enjoy a marvelous Andean landscape and the majesty of Veronica Mountain, 5832 meters over sea level.
Camps will be assigned depending on the availability of entrants to the Inca Trail, seasons.
- Accommodation: Camping
- Maximumaltitude: 3000 M
- MinimumAltitude: 2650 M
- Distancetraveled: 12 km
- Approximate time of walk: 5 to 6 hours.
Day 03 Wayllabamba – Pacaymayo
In this second day of the Inca Trail we will wake up early, around 06:00 am. This will be necessary in order to get ready and have breakfast before starting the excursion. Later we will start walking through a narrow road covered by plants, across a little bridge that will take us towards a cloudy forest of a unique beauty. In this section of the trip passengers should climb many stairs, for which we recommend taking all the time that is needed and stopping for a break when necessary. Following the route, we will arrive to the Llulluchapampa sector, where we will make a quick stop just to rest and get prepared to climb to the highest point of our walk, the famous pass Warmyhuañuska, located at 4200 meters above the sea level. These sectors include about 2 kilometers of distance and are a bit steep, for which we will recommend going slowly and stopping for a break whenever needed. In this part of the trip we will face the most difficult part of the walk, as we will be over 4200 meter height; however this part is also known as one of the most beautiful landscapes of the world. Once we have reached the top of the mountain, we will be granted with a spectacular view of the Andean mountains. For this special day, we recommend bringing some chocolates, lemon candy, a lot of water and even some coca leaves. In the top we will be able to take the classic pictures of the Inca Trail.During this last part it is possible to watch diverse type of wild birds.
At last we will arrive to the camp of Pacaymayo (3600 meters above sea level) where we will spend a comfortable night. Pacaymayo is an official camp, and that is why it has baths and showers; however, we should be aware that the water in this part is really cold. ( B,L,D )
- Accommodation: Camping
- Maximumaltitude: 4200 M
- MinimumAltitude: 3000 M
- Distancetraveled: 13 km
- Approximate time of walk: 6 to 7 hours.
Day 04 Pacaymayo – Wiñaywayna
A lot of visitors feel that this is one of the longest days of the excursion, but at the same time, one of the most beautiful due to the presence of marvelous Inca buildings along the road. This day we will get up at 06:00 hours. After a tasty breakfast we will start our walk climbing through a steep road. Soon we will arrive to Runkurakay ruins, a beautiful Inca oval building which is believed to be as a Inca watchtower. After hearing the historical explanation we will continue until Runkurakay pass, located at 3900 meters above sea level. During this trip we will find a little lake where sometimes you can watch Andean goose and other native bird species. After the pass, we will descend to a beautiful valley full of plants; here we will visit Sayacmarka ruins, located 3624 meters height. This is an interesting Inca construction, built over a steep slope, surrounded by marvelous mountains. After visiting Sayacmarka, we will continue descending to the cloudy forest, arriving to the Puyupatamarka ruins, composed of impressive fountains and water channels that are spectacular works of hydraulic engineering made by the Incas. At this stop we will have a good time, after which we will continue down to reach one of the most beautiful Inca buildings of the place: the ruins of Wiñaywayna. These are without any doubt one of the most beautiful of all the ruins after Machu Picchu. Wiñaywayna means "forever young" and it is said that acquired said name due to the abundance of an orchid that bears the same name. After exploring every corner of Wiñaywayna we head to our last camp, which is located a few meters away.
This will be the night on which we will say goodbye to our porters and staff to tour, so we will organize a small party to thank everyone for sharing with the group this beautiful experience. ( B,L,D )
- Accommodation: Camping
- Maximumaltitude: 3900 M
- MinimumAltitude: 2700 M
- Distance: 16 km
- Approximate time of walk: 7 to 8 hours.
Day 05 Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu – Cusco
On the last day we will wake up very early, at 04:00 hrs. After breakfast, we will quickly go and pass the control gate to enter the path that leads directly to Machu Picchu. It is advisable to bring a good flashlight, because this time it is normally dark here. After walking for about one hour and a half, we will arrive at IntiPunko or Puertadel Sol, a magnificent point from where you can see the city of Machu Picchu. At this point we can relax for a few minutes, take pictures of the group, and finally go down to reach the recognized as one of the seventh wonders of the world: Machu Picchu.
It was long thought that Machu Picchu was only part of a legend, until in 1911 the American explorer Hiram Bingham discovered it only after many expeditions in the area. Machu Picchu rises to a height of 2430 meters above sea level, in the middle of a tropical forest with an extraordinary location. It was without any doubt one of the most amazing urban creation in Inca times. Its massive walls, terraces and ramps seem to be continually cut in the rocky cliffs. Our guide will take you on a tour of the most impressive of this beautiful Inca city. This will take us about 2 hours, after which we have free time to explore each city on our own taste and preference. Then return by bus to the town of AguasCalientes, to take the train that will take us back to the city. At the time indicated on the ticket of train our staff will be waiting at the station Ollantaytamboor Poroy, from where we will transfer to your hotel. ( B )
- Accommodation: NotIncluded
- Maximumaltitude: 2700 M
- MinimumAltitude: 2400 M
- Distance: 6 km
- Approximate time of walk: 3 to 4 hours.
Day 06 Cusco -
Breakfast at hotel.
Transfer to the airport to board the flight to Lima. Arrival and connection with the international flight. (B)
Check Out: 11:00hrs
END OF OUR SERVICES
B = BREAKFAST L = LUNCH D = DINNER
- Briefing time one or two days before the trek.
- Private Transportation from Cusco to the start of the trail for Inca Trail Classic
- Professional englishspeaking guide.
- Assistant guide from more than 9 passagers.
- Entrance fees for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- High Mountain Tents (THE NORTH FACE), model VE-25 of 03 people of high quality material for two people to offer more comfort and space for the pack of our customers.
- One inflatable sleeping pad per person (LUXURY THERMA-REST)
- One pillow per person
- One personal blanket to sleep, they are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
- Luxury kitchenware
- Luxury tables and chairs
- Luxury dining tent, with panoramic windows.
- Porters (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Duffle bags for personal luggage, per person
- All camp waste is hauled out of the park
- Andean chef specializes in exquisite camping meals
- Meals (03B, 03L, 03D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day).
- Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One Textile Snack Bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- One Hand Towel, per person
- Comprehensive first-aid kit including oxygen bottles.
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu ruins down to AguasCalientes – 4thday
- Train ticket (Expedition class) from AguasCalientes to Ollantaytambo– 4thday
- Transfer from the train station- hotel in Cusco
- Fourth Lunch in AguasCalientes.
- Extra Porter.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Dinner on the last day
- Visit to the hot springs in AguasCalientes: a relaxing way to end-up the trek while you’re awaiting the return train to Cusco, only 10 minutes from the village center, entrance fee is s/10.00 (Peruvian Soles). Towels can be hired in AguasCalientes.
- Hotels and meals in Cusco
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides, porters or chefs and extra expenses