04D - 03N — Cusco – Mollepata – Sayllapata – Salkantay Pampa – Andenes – Chaullay – La Playa – Lucmabamba – Llactapata – Hidroelectrica – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Day 1 Cusco - Quishuarani(Lares)- Cuncani - Yanacocha
At scheduled time, you will be picked up from your hotel by a representative of Yupi Adventure, then board a vehicle to take you to the community of Lares, through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, taking a detour through the town of Calca. The trip to Lares offers by the presence of interesting scenarios of the Andean peoples that exist in the route. We recommend bringing a camera always ready, as there are sections where the landscape presents views to remember. It will be ideal bringing some food for this trip, since the trip to the community of Lares takes about 3 hours. We recommend fruits and gifts for children of these villages, it is certain that we will find them welcoming us to the community of Quishuarani (3,700 meters above sea level), which is the starting point for the walk. Throughout the tour, we visit small Andean communities, spectacular landscapes and mountains, herds of llamas and alpacas, and have the company of peasants (people from local villages) in colorful traditional costumes. Carriers will have horses and the help of travel assistants. Begin the beautiful hike through the Andes with a gentle climb from 3700 to 4200 m, at which point you get to the lake called Queuña Cocha, where you can see Mount Sawasiray (5400 m) and Colquhoun Cruz (5600 meters) Here we will find a short climb, the more pronounced in the first tranche. Hualcacasa (4400 meters), Mount Veronica (5700 m, a sacred mountain to Apu in the Valley).It is frequent to see this in the high mountains, after which it descends for 30 minutes to reach the lunch place, located next to the picturesque "Seven Lakes". After lunch, we will begin the descent, which will take about 30 minutes through community Cuncani. Then, little by little, for two hours, we will ascend the beautiful slopes in order to get to our second point, Qolqecasa (4200 m). After 30 minutes of descent, find beautiful lakes and waterfalls, to finally arrive at approximately 16:30 pm at Yanacocha, where we will camp overnight.
- Accommodation: Camping
- Maximumaltitude: 4200 M
- MinimumAltitude: 3700 M
- Distancetraveled: 14 km
- Approximate time of walk: 6 to 7 hours.
Day 02 Yanacocha - Wakawasi - Mantanay
After breakfast, at 6.30 am, we will leave Yanacocha and gradually descend for about 2 hours to Chaqchapata (3950 m).
We will be able to see the potato crops, herds of llamas and alpacas that are developed in this part of the Andes (part of the camelid family), as well as the local communities of people still in our time continue to live in farmhouses made of stone. Along the slope can be seen Chaqchapata farmers. 30 minutes later you will find Wakawasi. Then go up to about one hour and a half for our lunch in “Hierba Esponjosa” (spongy grass). We will also see a glacial stream, Champacocha.
After our lunch break, climb for about an hour to reach the highest point our walk, Auroracasa pass (4600 m) where we can see the lagoon Auroracocha. From Auroracasa we will descend to the two lagoons, where you will be allowed to take pictures of this beautiful landscape, and then enter the valley of Queuña. At this point it is inevitable notice a change of scenery with beautiful mountains, before reaching our campsite after a journey of approximately 2 hours.
- Accommodation: Camping
- Maximumaltitude: 4600 M
- MinimumAltitude: 3950 M
- Distancetraveled: 16 km
- Approximate time of walk: 7 to 8 hours.
Day 03 Mantanay - Yanahuara - Aguas Calientes
After breakfast, at 7:30 am, we will start our walk that will bring us a much easier day, as we descend to lower altitudes and enjoy breathtaking views of the areas of Maras Moray and Salineras, the mountains and the valley Queuña. You will notice the sudden change of climate and environment, and will see local farmers and agricultural crops in corn, potatoes and vegetables. The tour takes about 4 hours, after which it reaches the picturesque town of Yanahuara, where we will enjoy the last lunch together on our trip before the departure of our staff, leaving the horses and horsemen. A private bus will take us to the station of Ollantaytambo, where we board the train for a 2-hour trip to the city of Machu Picchu, Aguas Calientes.
- Accommodation: Hotel
- Maximumaltitude: 3900 M
- MinimumAltitude: 2700 M
- Distancetraveled: 12 km
- Approximate time of walk: 4 to 5 hours.
Day 04 Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu - Ollantaytambo
Very early, at 5:30 am, after the breakfast we will depart to experience a perfect visit to the ruins of Machu Picchu. You will need to leave early to avoid congestion with other groups of tourists and enjoy the spectacular view of sunrise over the mountains of Machu Picchu. To reach the ruins of Machu Picchu, it is necessary to take the local bus. This short bus ride takes only 20 minutes, and runs an unpaved track, very steep and winding through a jungle and mountain features stunning views. Finally, we arrive at Machu Picchu, where our guide will accompany us on a tour of the most important sectors of this beautiful citadel. In Machu Picchu we will go 2 hours with our guide and visit the agricultural area, consisting of sets of agricultural terraces, the urban area where the occupants lived and where some of the main civil and religious activities.
We will also visit the Intiwatana of Machu Picchu, located on the top of the citadel, the Temple of the Sun, the Condor and other major sectors. Later we have free time to explore the city on our own account. Around 13:00, we will be taking the bus back to Aguas Calientes. Next, take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then we will be transported in a comfortable tourist bus to Cusco. The trip to the Cusco will take approximately 4 hours. Crews will pick up participants at the train station and directs them to their hotels.
End of the trip.
- Accommodation: Not Included.
- Maximumaltitude: 2400 M
- MinimumAltitude: 2000 M
- Distancetraveled: 0 km
- Approximate time of Visit: 3 to 4 hours.
END OF OUR SERVICES
B = BREAKFAST L = LUNCH D = DINNER
- Briefing time one or two days before the trek.
- Private Transportation from Cusco to Calca (Beginning of the trail.)
- Professional english speaking guide.
- Assistant guide from more than 9 passagers.
- Entrance fees for the Machu Picchu
- High Mountain Tents (The North Face), model VE-25 of 03 people of high quality material for two people to offer more comfort and space for the pack of our customers.
- One inflatable sleeping pad per person (Luxury Therma-rest).
- One pillow per person
- One personal blanket to sleep, they are cleaned after every use and have a maximum usage of 30 trips.
- Luxury kitchenware
- Luxury tables and chairs
- Luxury dining tent, with panoramic windows.
- Mules (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment).
- Mules to carry personal gear up to a Maximum of 8kg per person (including sleeping bag and sleeping pad).
- Duffle bags for personal luggage, per person.
- All camp waste is hauled out of the park
- Andean chef specializes in exquisite camping meals
- Meals (03B, 03L, 02D + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day).
- Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- One Textile Snack Bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- One Hand Towel, per person
- Comprehensive first-aid kit including oxygen bottles.
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – 4th day
- Train ticket (Expedition class) from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes – 3th day.
- Train ticket (Expedition class) from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo – 4th day
- Transfer from the train station- hotel in Cusco.
- Fourth Lunch in Aguas Calientes– 4th day
- 1 night hostel in Aguas Calientes – 3th day
- Third Dinner in Aguas Calientes– 3th day.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Walking poles.
- Extra Mules
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Dinner on the last day
- Admission Ticket to Huayna picchu U$D 15
- Visit to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes: a relaxing way to end-up the trek while you’re awaiting the return train to Cusco, only 10 minutes from the village center, entrance fee is s/10.00 (Peruvian Soles). Towels can be hired in Aguas Calientes.
- Hotels and meals in Cusco
- Extra services not mentioned in the program
- Tips for guides, porters or chefs and extra expenses.